Business Transactions & Corporate Law
Gill Ragon Owen provides you with comprehensive corporate guidance and advice. We focus on building your trust to better help you start, grow, and protect your business.
We offer contract guidance and representation for corporate, transactional, and business-related legal matters as well as strategic long-term business planning. We represent and advise both new and established organizations using business-oriented best practices to reduce liability, manage risk, and protect your interests.
Business Transactions & Corporate Law Practice Areas:
Our business transaction and corporate law practice areas include:
- Business Formation
- Corporate Governance
- Buying and Selling a Business
- Raising Equity Capital
- Borrowing and Lending
Gill Ragon Owen guides entrepreneurs, founders, and healthcare providers through forming their organizations in compliance with state and federal law. We’ll walk you through the legal implications of each type of entity and corporate structure, and help you make a decision based on your unique circumstances and business plan.
Common business entities include:
- General and Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- Professional Associations and Professional LLCs
- Series LLCs
- S Corporations
- Joint Ventures
It is vital to choose the right legal entity for your company to protect your personal assets and your employees. Our attorneys will explore your options, assist with the necessary paperwork, and answer any questions you may have along the way.
Deciding on a business structure is just the tip of the business formation iceberg. During the initial start-up process, we will also offer you sound legal advice on business registrations and business compliance matters. We can also assist in the creation of fair and legal partnership agreements as well as in the preparation of your capitalization strategy.
Choosing a business lawyer you can trust to lead and support you as your business evolves is an investment in your business’s future success. Access to sound, best practice-based legal advice whenever you need it can be the difference between astronomical success and catastrophic failure in the business world. We’re here to offer you that practical, knowledgeable shoulder to lean on.
A good business attorney’s job does not end with the creation of an entity. Gill Ragon Owen serves the ongoing day-to-day legal needs of a variety of businesses and individual business stakeholders. We offer business clients counsel on a wide range of legal matters, including:
- Ongoing corporate transactions
- Raising capital
- Shareholder agreements
- Contract review
- Buying or selling Real Estate
- Regulatory business compliance
- Dispute avoidance and resolution
- Confidentiality agreements
- Manufacturing and supply agreements
- Technology licensing agreements
- Purchase agreements
- Borrowing money
- Lending money
- Enforcing contracts
- Employment law issues
- Intellectual property (including, copyrights, trademarks, unfair competition, etc.)
Business Transactions Law
Business transactions encompass a wide variety of situations and actions. Most often, business transaction law involves legal advising, negotiation, and mediation of mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions of businesses and their related assets. Joint ventures and other systems for combining business operations or restructuring ownership also occur frequently.
Gill Ragon Owen’s goal is to fully integrate with your business as your full-time legal support. Our best results always come from an in-depth understanding of your goals and business functions, so we focus on building that knowledge and trust with our clients.
We represent and counsel buyers and sellers and work with financial advisers, intermediaries, and merchant bankers to facilitate transactions ranging from leveraged buyouts to privately negotiated transfers of assets. We work with start-ups, entrepreneurs, and established organizations to provide sound legal advice and help achieve their long-term business goals.
If you need legal advice concerning your business, contact Gill Ragon Owen, P.A. today! We’ll schedule a consultation with one of our passionate and committed business attorneys.
Lending and Financial Transactions
We are well-recognized by the state’s largest banks for our loan documentation and diligence investigation skills. In closing some of the state’s largest lending transactions, our lawyers have been complimented for our expeditious delivery of services, diligence, and professionalism. We’ve also served as local counsel to a number of large out-of-state lenders in connection with due diligence, and state law compliance matters.
- Representation of foreign banks in connection with major lending transaction secured by real property in Act 9 revenue bonds.
- Representation of owner of large Eastern Arkansas steel manufacturing facility in connection with structuring of private equity capitalization, utilization of environmental tax credits, and ultimate disposition of facility in multibillion-dollar sales transaction.
- Representation of ownership group in connection with financing of alternative energy industrial facility and structuring of ad valorem taxation reduction through issuance of Act 9 revenue bonds.
- Representation of over 100 world water associations in connection with issuance of tax-exempt revenue bonds to fund the project expansions and providing guidance regarding day-to-day operations.
- Representation of large-scale multiphase lot and resort development facilities including issues related to Interstate Land Sales Act compliance and registration matters.
- Representation of timeshare development companies in connection with structuring of timeshare regime operations, creation of timeshare products, preparation of consumer documentation and negotiation of hypothecation lines of credit.
- Development of triple net leases, financings and dispositions of medical office buildings, convenience stores, and car wash facilities.