Labor & Employment Law
Choose GRO for Your Labor and Employment Legal Needs
At Gill Ragon Owen, P.A., what sets us apart is our responsiveness and innovation. When challenging workplace issues arise, companies across the state of Arkansas turn to our attorneys for strategic guidance and swift resolutions. We take the time to immerse ourselves in the day-to-day of your business operations and company culture so that we can better understand the legal and business challenges faced by your company.
We believe that our success is largely due to the close, lasting relationships we build with our clients. We see ourselves not just as legal counsel, but as your trusted advisors as well.
Labor & Employment Law
Many of our federal and state labor and employment laws are designed to keep workers safe and ensure that they are being treated fairly. Others are designed to protect employers and business owners. On both sides, these laws and regulations are subject to frequent changes and updates that can create significant liability for your company when they are not followed to the letter.
To address this potential liability, Gill Ragon Owen offers comprehensive labor and employment legal counsel and representation for companies across Arkansas.
The Employment Practices Group at Gill Ragon Owen, P.A. equips employers throughout Arkansas to operate in full compliance with state and federal laws. And, when necessary, we can also help mitigate employee disputes.
We work directly with your managers on daily compliance and policy issues, including compliance with the following laws:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Arkansas Minimum Wage and Medical Marijuana Laws
- Arkansas unemployment statutes
We also routinely represent employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the state and federal Departments of Labor.
Our significant experience in negotiating and enforcing Employment Agreements, Severance Agreements, and Covenants Not to Compete can save your business time, money, and bad press. We’re here to help you protect the business you’ve worked so hard to build.
For more information on our Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) practice, please see our Employment Class Actions & FLSA Litigation page.
Labor & Employment Law Practice Areas
Gill Ragon Owen’s labor and employment law practice areas include:
- Class and Collective Action Defense
- Employment Practices Liability Defense
- The drafting and enforcement of Personnel Policies, Employment Agreements, and Restrictive Covenants
- Human Resources Counseling and Training
- Supervisor Training for Employment Law Compliance
- Wage and Hour Compliance and Litigation
- Representation for Regulatory Claims with agencies such as the Arkansas Department of Workforce Services, Arkansas Department of Labor, U.S. Department of Labor, and the EEOC
- Assisting with workplace investigations
Be Proactive – Not Reactive
When it comes to employment and labor law compliance, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Proactively structuring your Human Resources policies and procedures, laying out comprehensive employment contracts, and completing management compliance audits are all excellent ways to ensure that you are doing everything in your power to limit your company’s liability.
If you are concerned about your company’s compliance with employment laws and regulations or if you are experiencing complaints or accusations from an employee, contact Gill Ragon Owen, P.A. to discuss your options moving forward.